Ity has the longest operating history of any gold mine in Côte d'Ivoire, with gold first discovered near the village of Ity in the 1950’s and the first modern gold production reported in 1991.
Ity has produced more than 1.2 million ounces of gold in its 20+ year operations. The Ity CIL project has the potential to extend mine life by 10+ years.
- 55% EDV, 30% SODEMI, 10% Côte d’Ivoire, 5% private investor
- Approximately 480 km northwest of Abidjan on southern Côte d'Ivoire
- Mining Method - Open pit
- Processing - 950ktpa Heap Leach
- Gold Recovery - 81%
- Expected Mine Life - 3 years from current reserves
Reserves and Resources
- P+P Reserves - 30.4Mt @ 1.7 g/t for 1.6Moz
- M+I Resources (incl. of Reserves) - 61.4Mt @ 1.6 g/t for 3.1Moz
- Inferred Resources - 14.1Mt @ 1.5 g/t for 0.7Moz
A large 21,400m auger drilling program was completed in the first nine months of 2016 and successfully identified several new targets located within 5km of the current mill. Follow-up drilling is planned on Bakatouo, Colline Sud and other identified targets.
In addition, an 80km corridor underexplored Birimian corridor on-trend with the Ity mine was secured.
New targets are expected to be drilled on the Ity property in 2016, aimed at delineating additional resources for the CIL project.