The Houndé project began construction in April 2016. With its robust grade and low cash costs, Houndé ranks among West Africa’s highest quality development projects. The project is located within the Houndé greenstone belt, just south of Semafo’s Mana mine, and benefits from excellent existing infrastructure. The first gold pour is expected to take place in Q4 2017. Once in production, Houndé is expected to become Endeavour’s flagship mine.
- 90% EDV, 10% Burkina Faso
- 250 km southwest of Ouagadougou, the capital city of Burkina Faso.
- Mining Method - Open pit
- Processing - 3Mtpa Gravity / CIL plant
- Expected Mine Life - +10 years
- Upfront Capital - US$328m inclusive of US$47m for the owner-mining fleet
- After-Tax Project NPV (5%) - US$342 @ US$1,250/oz gold price
- After-Tax Project IRR - 32% @ US$1,250/oz gold price
Reserves and Resources
- P+P Reserves - 30.6Mt @ 2.1g/t for 2.1Moz
- M+I Resources (incl of Reserves) - 37.9Mt @ 2.1g/t for 2.6Moz
- Inferred Resources - 3.2Mt @ 2.6g/t for 0.3Moz
The Houndé exploration tenement covers more than 1,075km² within Burkina Faso’s highly prospective Birimian belt. Exploration has historically focused mainly on the Vindaloo trends. However, at least 15 other significant targets, all within 20km of the planned mill, have been identified by previous limited drilling campaigns. These targets remain largely untested and Endeavour plans to targets high grade (+5g/t) prospects as a priority.