The low-cost Agbaou Gold mine was constructed ahead of schedule and under budget, achieving commercial production on January 27th, 2014. The mine delivered record production in 2015 of 181,365 ounces of gold, up 23% over the previous year.
Agbaou's low cost profile is a result of high plant throughput, very high recoveries, as well as low cost and reliable grid power.
A secondary crusher was successfully commissioned in July, providing increased flexibility and maintaining throughput as the mine transitions to harder ores.
- 85% EDV, 10% Côte d’Ivoire,
- Approximately 200 km north
of the port city of Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
- Mining Method - Open Pit / Contractor Mining
- Processing - Gravity/CIL
- Gold Recovery - Achieving 97% at present
- Expected Mine Life - 7 years from current
Reserves and Resources
- P+P Reserves - 13.2Mt @ 2.4 g/t for
- M+I Resources (incl. of Reserves) - 14.4Mt @ 2.5 g/t for
- Inferred Resources - 1.2Mt @ 1.7 g/t for 0.1Moz
The 2015 exploration program fully replaced the ore mined during 2015 and added an additional year of free-dig oxide mine life which should allow the mine to maintain its current production level over the next few years. The mine reserve is now 13% greater than the 2014 pre-production rserve.
In 2016, exploration is expected to focus on the North pit and South pit extensions, the Agbaou South target, and to generate targets beyond the current resource boundaries.